CLP provides training and educational opportunities to Maine Loggers. The program is committed to recognizing the skill and professionalism of those who meet and exceed our standards.
The CLP program is based on the following standards:
- and Pride.
The program takes pride in the fact that loggers’ accident rate is half what it was when the program began. As a result, CLP loggers pay up to 59% less for Worker’s Compensation than non-certified mechanical loggers.
- In MemoriamThe Certified Logging Professionals (CLP), a program of Maine TREE, is sad to report the recent passing of Erik CarlsonContinue reading “In Memoriam”
- Harvest Tour Held at Holt Research ForestARROWSIC, Maine – Maine Timber Research and Environmental Education (Maine TREE) hosted tours at their Holt Research Forest on Saturday,Continue reading “Harvest Tour Held at Holt Research Forest”
- REGISTER: Certified Logging Professionals Virtual BanquetJoin Maine TREE’s Certified Logging Professional Program for a virtual banquet on December 4th at 4 PM to recognize CLP’sContinue reading “REGISTER: Certified Logging Professionals Virtual Banquet”
- Nominate a Logger for CLP’s Logger of the Year AwardThe Certified Logging Professionals (CLP) is accepting nominations for the annual Logger of the Year Awards. While the CLP banquetContinue reading “Nominate a Logger for CLP’s Logger of the Year Award”
- It’s Never Too Early to Start: Teaching the Next Generation of LoggersAfter watching her grandson attempt to cut down apple trees and nearby utility poles with his toy chainsaw, Roberta BerryContinue reading “It’s Never Too Early to Start: Teaching the Next Generation of Loggers”