Serving Maine’s Forest Communities since 1989
Maine TREE educates and advocates for the sustainable use of the forest and the ecological, economic, and social health of Maine’s forest community.
- Forestry for the Future: A film introduces forestry to landowners with a 65-year studyBy Maren Granstrom So, you have a woodland and might want to manage it. What information do you need to make a sound, well-informed decision?Continue reading “Forestry for the Future: A film introduces forestry to landowners with a 65-year study”
- We’re Hiring: Director of EducationWe are seeking a dynamic leader to serve as our Director of Education to develop and guide forest-based education programs, including its sponsorship of ProjectContinue reading “We’re Hiring: Director of Education”
- Maine Project Learning Tree Volunteers Provide Workshop for Bangor Region YMCAOn Wednesday, August 26, In our first in-person public event since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, Maine TREE and Maine Project Learning Tree (PLT)Continue reading “Maine Project Learning Tree Volunteers Provide Workshop for Bangor Region YMCA”
- Maine TREE welcomes Tom Mullin as Maine Project Learning Tree AssociateMaine TREE Foundation is pleased to announce that we have brought a well-known name in forest education onto our team on an interim basis toContinue reading “Maine TREE welcomes Tom Mullin as Maine Project Learning Tree Associate”
- UPCOMING WEBINAR: Holt Research Forest Pre-Harvest Informational SessionWe are holding an informational webinar to share information about an upcoming research timber harvest at the Holt Research Forest in Arrowsic. The webinar willContinue reading “UPCOMING WEBINAR: Holt Research Forest Pre-Harvest Informational Session”
- Holt Research Forest Hosts Interns in 2020Each year at Maine TREE’s Holt Research Forest in Arrowsic, college interns from around the globe get the opportunity to spend their summer in theContinue reading “Holt Research Forest Hosts Interns in 2020”